Build a future ready workforce now
When it comes to businesses, there’s one challenge that undoubtedly rises to the top: a significant talent shortage and skills gap that hinders companies’ efforts to expand, innovate and thrive. That’s where Registered Apprenticeship comes in! With this program, you can recruit, train and retain workers to build a workforce that meets your needs.
Best of all, you’ll receive support to help build your program to ensure it meets industry standards – in fields that include everything from construction and healthcare to IT, advanced manufacturing and more. And offering Registered Apprenticeship opportunities is one way Iowa will meet its Future Ready Iowa goal to have 70 percent of its workforce with education or training beyond high school by 2025.
WHY START A REGISTERED APPRENTICESHIP PROGRAM?
When you develop a Registered Apprenticeship program, you’ll start seeing benefits right away. Here’s just some of what you can expect:
With Registered Apprenticeship, you have the opportunity to grow your own talent. The program offers flexibility, allowing you to customize training to build your future ready workforce.
For you to succeed over someone else in business, there are two variables: People’s skillsets and your ability to select the right individuals. If I lean on someone else to teach my workers, and that person is also teaching my competitors’ workers, then my only advantage is talent selection. If you have better training, you can build the best.
We had a kid who worked two summers doing the most horrible job in the shop: cleaning machines. He went away to college, but dropped out. He came back to us, and we put him into our Registered Apprenticeship program. He worked his way up to being the operations manager. When our company was sold, five managers bought the company – and now this guy is one of the owners. The RAP gave him confidence, there’s no doubt about it.
View a video on how Registered Apprenticeship can help healthcare organizations recruit, train and retain valuable employees.
THIS SOUNDS GREAT! HOW DO I GET STARTED?
Interested in setting up a Registered Apprenticeship Program?
Learn more about starting a High School Registered Apprenticeship Program:
- Registered Apprenticeship includes hundreds of apprenticeable occupations. That includes energy, IT, healthcare, financial services, transportation, advanced manufacturing, food and beverage preparation, skilled trades, and more.
- Iowa has more than 800 active Registered Apprentice programs and more than 8,700 active Registered Apprentices.
- Ninety-one percent of apprentices that complete an apprenticeship are still employed nine months later.
- A Registered Apprenticeship program provides customized training that meets industry standards and is tailored to the specific needs of businesses, resulting in highly skilled employees.
Registered Apprenticeship Sponsors
Search for sponsors and filter by:
- Program name
- Sponsor name
- Proximity from a known location (zip code, city or landmark)